Eight years ago, Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman™, allowed me to convert some of her Photoshop actions files so that they would be compatible with Photoshop Elements. Those actions are incredibly popular and people still come to Digital Photography for Moms every day looking for the PSE actions.
Technology moves so fast though. Eight years ago is a long time in the photo editing world, and the current Photoshop Elements looks nothing like it did when I converted Pioneer Woman’s actions for Elements. The current Pioneer Woman actions require a clunky installation process, they aren’t very customizable, and they miss out on all of the advances that have been made recently in action design.
For this reason, I no longer feel comfortable supporting these actions on my website. I reached out to PW some time ago to ask for her permission to update the actions. But she’s busy with amazing things and I never heard back from her.
So, while I can’t offer you an up-to-date version of the Pioneer Woman actions, I do have another plan!
Introducing Rustic Chic Actions for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements
Rustic Chic takes inspiration from the looks you love but adds so much more. This free action set for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements:
- Contains 32 actions.
- Is completely customizable! Layer masks and adjustment layers ensure that your edits are non-destructive.
- Enhances your photos with the looks you love via 15 actions that add creative styles.
- Corrects your photos with 11 actions that streamline edits for common on-camera mistakes.
- Includes 6 actions just for eye editing! You won’t need anything else to take those eyes from dull to sparkly!
- Features special mix-and-match actions that allow you to combine edits or easily decide which styles work best for your photo.
- Makes installation and fine-tuning a breeze! I designed this set from the ground up to maximize user-friendliness.
- Works in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements 11 and up!
- Works in all recent versions of Photoshop.
Rustic Chic Actions for Photoshop
This video will show you how to install and use the Rustic Chic actions for Photoshop. It includes:
- Installing actions in Photoshop
- Running actions in Photoshop
- Increasing and decreasing the strength of the actions’ edits
- Hiding the edits from parts of the photo using layer masks
- Using actions to correct on-camera issues
- Creating styled looks using actions
- Comparing and combining actions
- Editing eyes from start to finish
Rustic Chic Actions for Photoshop Elements
The next video will show you how to install and use the Rustic Chic actions in Photoshop Elements. It includes the same topics as the Photoshop video, except that they are customized for Elements. In addition, this video presents a special tweak for Elements users who have versions 14 and prior.
Pioneer Woman™ Actions for Photoshop
Just to be clear, the original Pioneer Woman actions for Photoshop are still here.
Pioneer Woman™ Actions for Photoshop Elements
And the original Pioneer Woman actions for Elements are here.
Download the Rustic Chic Actions
Simply fill out this form to add your email to my mailing list. You’ll receive an email asking you to confirm that I can email you, and shortly after, you’ll receive an email with a link to download the actions.
If you have questions, simply post them below in the comments.