PHOTOGRAPHY FOR BLOGGERS
PHOTOGRAPHY, PHOTO EDITING AND GRAPHICS FOR EYE-CATCHING VISUAL CONTENT
The only photography course designed just for bloggers.
You are a blogger. You have a website with products to promote. You know these statistics as well as I do:
- You have 50 milliseconds to convince people to like your website. 50 milliseconds – that’s HALF of a TENTH of a second FFS.
- Same goes for your social media posts. You’ve got to convince people to click before they scroll past.
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images.
- BuzzSumo found that articles with an image every 75-100 words received double the social media shares as articles with fewer images.
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3 times more engagement than those without.
What is the common thread in the statistics above? Images. Photos. Your brand identity.
Your visual content:
- convinces people to click.
- supports your irresistible headlines.
- builds engagement.
- attracts brands looking for talented influencers.
Here’s the deal: having a photo in and of itself doesn’t convince people to click. That photo has to be compelling and eye-catching. It has to convince the viewer that the content it represents is brilliant and worth their time to read.
No stress there, right?
You don’t want to be a photographer. You want a smokin’ hot website with images that attract pageviews like flies to honey.
You want to take amazing photos with a minimum of fuss. You don’t want to know all 637,000 features your camera offers or spend hours editing your photos.
RIGHT NOW YOU:
- need every image you post online to be as amazing as your content.
- see hundreds of inspiring images a day. But none of them are yours. 🙁
- feel befuddled in trying to improve your photos. And the millions of tutorials online don’t help.
- get stressed each time it comes to taking photos for your blog.
- randomly arrange items in your photos because “they don’t look bad like this.”
- don’t have the images you need to create headers, social media ads or banners.
- want your images to support your SEO goals.
- don’t know the time-tested formula that tells YOU how to arrange items in your photos.
- want to compose photos that emphasize the story you are trying to tell.
- want your sponsors to love your photos so much that they share them on all their networks.
- don’t have time to make photography the focus of your life.
You want to get over your photography road bump!
I have been blogging at Digital Photography for Moms for 10 years now. So, obvs, I am both a photographer and a blogger.
But what should be more important to you if you are considering taking this course is that I am a teacher. I began my career teaching Latin to college students and middle schoolers. And if I can teach a 14-year-old to amo, amas, amat, that means you can expect patient, constructive and relevant guidance that will improve your visual presence.
My one goal as a teacher is to make sure that students leave my courses confident in their new knowledge and able to apply it independently. I incorporate teaching strategies recommended by the US Department of Education to ensure understanding and retention.
In-depth homework assignments give you the chance to explore your new knowledge. I prepare detailed feedback on each assignment you turn in to help you refine your technique and create the best possible images.
I’ve taught thousands of people to take better photos. I’ve helped thousands become quality photo editors.
After all that experience, I know how to explain things so that they are easy to understand. I know the questions students ask – and I answer them before students think to ask them.
You work hard on your blog and you deserve to have photos that are tools to content promotion — not a dreaded time-suck. And I know you can do it!
DON’T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT:
“Thanks so much for your way of teaching, patience, and support at every level. I am definitely spreading the word on your website!!!”
“You word things in a way I understand and I’m enjoying this so much because we get to practice each thing, not just read about it!”
“I wouldn’t want to learn it from anyone else but you. You are a great instructor.”
“Erin is a patient teacher who knows Lightroom inside out, and it shows in her step-by-step instruction, detailed feedback, and answers to questions. Being able to work through the course without the pressure of a completion date and still being able to get feedback from Erin was perfect for me as a busy working mum. I got so much out of this course and I’m sure I will continue to improve – thank you Erin!”
If you are ready to lose the stress that comes with creating visual content for you blog, Photography for Bloggers is just what you need. I created it for bloggers like you.
You have a great niche and you need to support it with images that are as strong as your content. You’re ready to level up your website to attract more readers, sponsors & brands.
- Feel completely confident that you have the right equipment and know how to use it to capture the essence of your content visually.
- Use the light (it’s already hiding in your home) to make your photos shine.
- Choose the camera settings that match your creative vision, from creamy bokeh backgrounds to sugar pours where each and every grain is crystal clear.
- Use the principles of artistic composition to arrange your scene so that your subject stands out and your viewers instantly understand what you are saying!
- Style your photos to stay true to your visual identity and create an appealing visual treat.
- Edit your photos quickly & easily to correct shooting issues and add your own personal touch, no matter which editing app you use. Learn Lightroom, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Pic Monkey.
- Create social media graphics that are perfectly sized, no matter what your favorite channel is.
- Save time in a thousand ways from camera to device!
- Photography for Bloggers is a comprehensive 4-unit course, delivered over four weeks. Each unit contains two-four individual lessons.
- 2-4 weekly PDFs with over 200 pages of informative guides and step-by-step screenshots, so you can elevate your blog photos immediately!
- 4 hours of downloadable videos so that you can watch my process in action.
- Written and video tutorials for Lightroom, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Pic Monkey & Canva!
- A Blog Post Imagery Planning Worksheet that gives you a foolproof custom plan to follow for each blog post!
- Detailed homework assignments each week to make sure you can put your new-found knowledge to work!
- Personalized feedback on your homework to help you train your creative eye!
Who knew your blog would become known for your photography as well as your awesome content?
I did! I did! (Hand waving madly in the air.)
- You’ll need a camera (not a phone).
- Dig out that camera manual.
- Find a kitchen timer or a stopwatch.
- A need to know how to create eye-catching visual imagery for blogs, websites and social media
AFTER I BUY PHOTOGRAPHY FOR BLOGGERS, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
When you buy, you’ll receive a flurry of emails from me to help you get started on the right foot, including a crash course about how to navigate the class materials and the forum.
- As soon as you register, you can watch videos about how the class works.
- I’ll create your forum account shortly after you register. Visit the forum, create your signature, and turn in your “pre-homework.”
- After finding your bearings in the class, you are ready to get started. You’ll have access to unit 1 immediately, and will receive each additional unit over the next 3 weeks.
- Post all the questions about course material that you can come up with. I’ll answer them promptly and get you on your way to putting your newfound skills to practice.
- You’ll receive several homework assignments per unit, custom-made to sharpen your skills about what you learned. After posting your assignment, you’ll receive my thoughtfully crafted personal feedback (what I love, what I noticed/observed, what I would do differently). My feedback on every student’s assignment will be available to you so that you’ll learn not only from your own mistakes and successes, but from those of your peers as well. Other students might also give you the low-down of what they think of your fab photos.
- You’ll receive free access to any new course material that for this workshop. For as long as I teach this course!
- Your forum access won’t expire, as long as I teach this course. You can always come back and ask questions, even after you turn in your last homework!
- You have NO homework due dates. Turn it in whenever you finish. No stress. Blogging is supposed to be fun, right?
How is the Photography for Bloggers course different from other tutorials online?
You’ve probably spent hours trolling the internet hoping to find the right tutorial to help you take better blog photos. But those tutorials aren’t thorough enough. The tips never work right for you. And they aren’t taught by teachers! My course is based on the latest research about learning and memory, and you will always have me as a resource if you have questions. I wrap the best techniques up in a neat package, answer questions and provide detailed critique.
Why don’t I get Lifetime Access to your course materials & forum?
Some workshops offer lifetime access, but really, what does that mean? Your lifetime? Mine? The company’s? I want to be honest with you. You get access to this course, any upgrades I make to course material, and access to the forum for as long as I run the class. I do hope to retire someday, and I’m not going to offer you help after that! But you’ll have at least one year from the date of purchase to turn in your homework and ask me questions. Does that sound fair?
Doesn’t creating good photos take a long time?
Yep. But the more time you invest in learning how to get the best photos and in planning each blog post, the less time you’ll spend taking photos in the long run. That leaves more time for creating the content you love and
playing working on social media.
What’s the time commitment?
Extremely doable! Just 5 to 7 hours per unit for most people to read through the materials, watch the videos and do the homework!
What’s your refund policy?
I agree to provide refunds up until the course materials become available to you. Unfortunately, once you have access to the materials, I can no longer provide a refund. You can’t get the milk without buying the cow, y’all!
Have other questions before you sign up? Shoot me an e-mail by clicking on the Contact button near the upper right corner of this page.
PHOTOGRAPHY FOR BLOGGERS
|Download all course materials|
|Read all forum posts, including questions, answers & graded homework|
|Post in forum, including asking questions and turning in homework|
|Ask unlimited questions about course material|
|Receive comprehensive feedback on homework assignments|