This is a sponsored post. I earned compensation to use products mentioned below.
Last week I shared a preview of my vacation video. I’ve finished it up and want to tell you more about it today.
First off, you’ve gotta see the video!
What do you think?
You might recall that I had most of my photos sorted and edited by the time we returned home from our road trip. I added the keyword “video” in Lightroom to the photos that I wanted to be in my grand finale vacation video and imported them directly from Lightroom.
How to Create a Vacation Video
Once your photos – and videos – are ready, creating the video is a quick and easy process:
- Login to Animoto.
- Chose one of over 70 templates (Premium subscribers have more than 100 to choose from). I used Dusk Retreat.
- Upload photos and videos.
- Stop here with the video Animoto creates, or customize it to taste. You can:
- Add text slides
- Add videos and trim them to include the most important parts
- Add captions to photos
- Change the song or upload your own
- Change the style template of your video
You can share your video in any number of ways. Download it to keep forever, share it on social media, email it, or simply copy a link to the video to show it off anywhere.
My favorite features of Animoto are:
- Upload photos and videos from anywhere: your computer, social media, Dropbox, or Lightroom.
- Copy videos to customize for other uses. For instance, I wanted one long video for the four of us. I copied it to create another video for my aunts & uncles – they wouldn’t be interested in seeing everything we did. Their video just covers the week that we were all together.
- Easy sharing using any method you might want. You can even tag people on Facebook from within Animoto’s sharing interface.
- The ability to include videos as well as photos.
- Animoto provides stock photos and videos to enhance your creation with. The waves under the Golden Gate Bridge in my video is Animoto stock.
- The video is yours to keep forever if you download it.
A note about importing photos from Lightroom: you need to subscribe to CC to make this work. Animoto connects to your Creative Cloud storage to import your Lightroom photos:
Uploading photos from Lightroom to the cloud is easy. Create a Collection in Lightroom and tell Lightroom to sync it with Lightroom mobile.
The other benefit of this method is that you can easily import photos from your phone using Lightroom CC also.
Incorporate Short Videos into Your Vacation Video
Finding a solution to using photos AND all the phone videos we took on vacation was so important to me. If you’re like me, you don’t do much with the jillions of videos you record on your phone. They eat up memory but I never delete them.
Y’all, if I had used Animoto when my kids were babies, oh, the things I could have done.
I only have one of our phone videos in this video. Be glad I’m only sharing the highlights video with you! The version I made for the four of us is much longer…..
By the way, I created the short map videos myself and then imported them into Animoto to include in my vacation video.
More Info About Animoto
While I used Animoto to create our vacation videos, you can use it for anything you can think of:
- Favorite photos & videos from baby’s first year
- Holiday memories
- Gifts for grandparents who have everything
- After-the-fact party favors or simply a party video to keep forever
- Weddings, family reunions, baby showers, etc., etc., etc.
Animoto costs as little as $96 per year paid annually, or you can subscribe monthly.
Why don’t you head over and sign up for a free trial? Make a quick video from your last vacation or memorable event and share the link below. I want to see what you guys have been up to!